Friday 31 July 2009

END OF BRITISH TROOP PRESENCE IN IRAQ

Britain's troop withdrawal from Iraq has received very little media attention. In all about 179 soldiers were killed there. Britain however has received little appreciation for its role in this war. At the end of the day are the Iraqis happy that old Saddam was ousted from power and later executed? I think they are but in Iraq the Americans and British get little thanks for the hardships they went through and the lives they lost to restore peace and normalcy in Iraq. Muslims look upon westerners with suspicion and distrust. In this world some muslim nations may be aligned with the US and UK but it is only a marriage of convenience and among the people of these countries there is only hatred for them. The muslims cannot trust non muslims because their religion sows seeds of distrust and brands any one who is not muslim as being evil. So was Blair right in allowing himself to be dragged into this war ? I think he wasn't but in the end it all turned out for the best. Pakistan is a steadfast ally of the US and Britain but if you stopped on the street and took a sample of the people who liked westerners you would be shocked because not one would regard them as a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I live in India. I was born in Sri Lanka and lived in that country for the first ten years of my life. I live in Madras now and I work as an accountant in a large financial organization in the city. Reading and writing is what I like doing best. My views on life and other matters can be unconventional.