Monday 27 July 2009

BOLLYWOOD MOVIES

Actually I am the least qualified guy to be writing about Bollywood films. When I was a kid I had a friend who simply went gaga about Bollywood movies and as we were buddies it was obligatory for me to accompany him to the latest Hindi movie hit that was showing in the city. Actually I always found someway to wriggle out of ending up seeing one of these dreadful movies by resorting to delaying tactics and when we eventually reached the cinema it was often thankfully sold out. Then I would slowly talk him into going with me to a good English language movie and he would reluctantly come along. That guy for some reason always preferred the mushy Bollywood movies to the great Hollywood movies. He would rather see Aradhana than go to watch a great movie like The Great Escape. This friend saw through what I was doing and I think he never forgave me for my meanness. Anyway I think today they have come a long way from the romantic and sentimental melodrama of the old days but I would still rather see a good English language movie on HBO than an Indian movie.

The problem with Indian movies is that the locations they choose are usually foreign and the Heroines are fair skinned babes who don't look one bit like the regular babes we run into on the streets. I prefer the regular Indian babes to these dolled up and made up babes with their affected mannerisms and poor acting skills. Bollywood is crap but it sells and people love the crap and eat it up.

Shaw Kraale

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I live in India. I was born in Sri Lanka and lived in that country for the first ten years of my life. I live in Madras now and I work as an accountant in a large financial organization in the city. Reading and writing is what I like doing best. My views on life and other matters can be unconventional.