Sunday 2 August 2009

HOW TO AWAKEN SPIRITUALLY

You are already an awakened being. First of all you need to know you are not your thoughts and feelings. They will arise and subside, you are simply not that. You are the emptiness within. Watch your emptiness and you will discover at first that there is nothing there. That is ok. You have made a beginning. You have awakened like the Buddha. Stay in this emptiness. People are afraid of emptiness but all peace and joy and life are contained in it. You are in a world surrounded by pain and suffering but stay rooted in this emptiness. What is the emptiness ? It is the awareness of being when you look within. So how am I going to deal with life's challenges ? Just stay rooted in this awareness.If doubts and questions and fears arise what then is one to do ? Just remain with it. Don't resist these arisings of the mind just examine them intensely. This intense watching is our greatest refuge from all manner of challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I live in India. I was born in Sri Lanka and lived in that country for the first ten years of my life. I live in Madras now and I work as an accountant in a large financial organization in the city. Reading and writing is what I like doing best. My views on life and other matters can be unconventional.