Monday 24 August 2009

HOW TO MAKE A BILLION POUNDS

First of all you need to know how many zeros are there in a billion. There are nine zeros and ten digits. I could be wrong of course because my arithmetic is not very good. Anyway to become a billionaire will take you awhile. First you got to make your first million from that point on it becomes easier. So how does one make his first million ? Do I sell something online ? I think there are many opportunities to make money online but spotting them and taking advantage of these opportunities is the tricky part. Personally I have not made any money online. So how did I make a billion pounds ? The truth is I am no where near my target of a billion pounds but I am worth about a million pounds and it took me a long time to get there. The way to make money is to invest in stocks and let me tell you I am a paid employee and on my small income I manage to save a little which I invest in stocks. I started about 15 years ago and the markets had their ups and downs but I always remained invested in 10 of the best stocks fancied by the mutual funds. I would make a reappraisal once a year to see if the mutual funds were still bullish on these stocks. In the last 15 years I have managed get an average return of 20% on my investments and this is a good track record and my wealth has grown. There were times when my average was as high as 30 to 40 % but that was before the recession. So when the markets bounce back my investments will be worth much more. Another free piece of advice you can have from me is don't go for intraday trading unless you want to throw away your money. There is nothing like adopting a good investment strategy to make your millions. I shall share with you some of my trading secrets in future posts. Another thing is even though I am close to being a millionaire I still do not intend to quit my job. I value having a job. Some of my colleagues too have benefited from my advice but they often panic when the markets are shaky. To profit you need to be in the market for the long haul. There are a few who have even done better than me. I have a friend who has a lot of experience and expertise in investing and his advice too has been most helpful to me at times. So it is good to cultivate friends who have a good understanding of the markets but it is your own knowledge alone that will help you pick the best stocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I live in India. I was born in Sri Lanka and lived in that country for the first ten years of my life. I live in Madras now and I work as an accountant in a large financial organization in the city. Reading and writing is what I like doing best. My views on life and other matters can be unconventional.